Sunday 23 September 2012

Digital Map and APP

During the mid-semester break, my roommate and I decide to go to Melbourne, Australia. Before setting off, we have done some preparation work for the journey. We want to check the weather, tourist attractions, interesting places, worth-going restaurants, and shopping malls that have been recommended by other netizens, as well as bus routes between our hotel and the travelling attractions. I thought that it would take me some time to find out all the information that I want, since I have to go to various websites to find the answers.  To my surprise, I found that I just need to go to one website that contains all the information I need.

Today, with the prevalence of digital media, it is much easier for people to travel in foreign countries. And what’s more considerate is that if people want to go to a foreign country which speaks a language that you have no idea, this website provides you with the most common phrases and sentences for travelling. And if you do not have time to do this, never mind, you can simply install some APPs on you IPhones, and they will provide you with real-time information when you arrives at the travel destination. With digital map on your IPhone, you do not need to worry about getting lost any more. So there is no need for people to bring the traditional map with them on the journey.
Obviously, digital map has several advantages over traditional paper map. For example, it is easier and more convenient for us to carry, and it allows users to zoom in and zoom out in order to get more details about the places that you want to go. unlike places that have only been marked by verbal names on the traditional paper maps, Google map allows you to see the real time satellite images and digital photographs of the places. So before you arrive at the destination, you will already know what the place looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment